Aegean is a tabletop role-playing game about a group of mythic heroes building a new, free city on the shores of the Aegean Sea. There are neighbouring cities to trade or war with, monsters to kill, gods to appease, deceptions, negotiations and bloody skirmishes.
- Features a simple d10 dice pool system for task resolution.
- Success is always available but there may be a price to pay.
- Characteristics and skills define your character, while talents provide special abilities.
- Glory and Hubris mechanics to measure your character's place in society and value to the gods.
- Downtime events for healing, gathering wealth and influence, and pacifying the gods.
- City management rules to govern and guide your home polis.
- A combination of Greek myth and archaic history centred around the Aegean Sea.
- The gods are ever present and take an interest in mortal lives.
- Neighbouring city-states vie for power through politics, trade or conflict.
The AEGEAN tabletop roleplaying game takes you to the shores of the Aegean Sea in an ancient time of mythic heroes. Build your hero, your legend, and your city state. Vie against ancient customs, cursed monsters, neighbouring factions, and the desires of the gods.
This book contains:
- Everything you need to create a mortal character or a child of the gods and further develop them through a choice of careers and mystery cults.
- Rules for interacting with the gods, including their favour and disfavour. Watch as your glory rises but be mindful of your hubris.
- Rules for creating and developing your home city and miring yourself in its politics.
- Flavourful rules for adventuring, combat, and competing in the panhellenic games.
- Guidance for the GM to run the game and a host of adversaries and factions to fill the world and create your own epic adventures.